Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
by Jennifer Wickes copyright 2001
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 16 scones.
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons orange zest grated
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and butter a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Blend the butter into the dry ingredients, using your fingertips or a pastry blender, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the orange zest, cranberries and walnuts and toss to combine.
- Add the milk and juice, and stir until the dough is rough.
- Gather the dough together and place on a floured work surface.
- Knead gently about 10 times.
- Divide the dough in half and pat each piece into a circle about 6 inches in diameter and about ½ inch thick.
- Brush the circles with the half and half and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut each circle into eight pie-shaped wedges.
- Place the scones, barely touching, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until puffy and golden, 15-18 minutes.