Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Notation on card indicates this is a favorite bake sale “goodie”. Recipe from Old Farmers Almanac. Exact date unknown. These are incredible. I have made them at least once a month for the past year and I never make enough (I triple the recipe). They are gobbled up in no time.
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in flour, Oats and orange peel until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries (reserving 2 cups).
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.