Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 whole star anise, broken into points
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons szechwan pepper
- 2 cups mixed nuts, toasted
2. Finely grind the star anise, cloves and Szechwan peppercorns in a spice grinder.
3. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to eliminate the husks, the combine with the Sugar mixture.
4. Heat a large heavy skillet, preferably cast iron, over high heat until hot enough to evaporate a bead of water on contact.
5. Add the nuts and toss until they are hot to the touch, about a minute.
6. Reduce the heat if needed to prevent scorching.
10. Use yoru fingers to separate the nuts when cool enough to handle, then let them cool completely.
11. Store in a tightly sealed, clean, dry glass jar.