- Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 pound small to medium brine-cured green olives (preferably cracked)*
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- peel of ½ preserved lemon, cut into julienne strips, plus 3 tablespoons preserved lemon juice to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- a pinch dried red hot pepper flakes
- If using uncracked whole, crush lightly with flat side of large knife on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl cover with cold water and soak 4 hours to remove excess salt.
- Drain well.
- In a bowl stir together and remaining ingredients and marinate, covered and chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- may be prepared 1 week ahead and kept chilled, covered.
- Serve at room temperature.