Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cream sauce meets Hollandaise in this delightful holiday dish.
- From Southern Living
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 8 servings.
- 1 frozen patty shell, thawed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- dash hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- fresh parsley sprigs
- chopped pimento
- Roll patty shell out to ⅛-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 16 leaf shapes.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake at 350°F for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set pastry leaves aside.
- Combine egg yolks and 1 cup butter with a wire whisk in top of double boiler bring water to a boil (water in bottom should not touch top pan).
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly until butter melts.
- Remove pan from water, and stir rapidly 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, 1 teaspoonful at a time; add hot sauce and salt.
- Place over boiling water; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan; add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon salt and white pepper.
- Add cream sauce to mixture in double boiler.
- Gently fold in crabmeat, green onion, and chopped parsley.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes, and garnish with pastry leaves, parsley sprigs and pimiento.