Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 – 8 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne
- 1½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh, flaked crabmeat
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cut in fine strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cut in fine strips
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 6 sweet gherkins, coarsely chopped
- 10 walnuts, chopped
- Heat rice in top of double boiler.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, rind, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Allow to cool to room temp.
- In med saucepan, boil corn kernels in salted water 2 min only.
- Transfer to colander and rinse with cold water until corn is well chilled.
- When rice is cool, add remaining ingredients, except walnuts.
- Toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.