Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 pounds steamed crabmeat
- crab shells or ramekins
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger root
- hard-boiled chicken egg, chopped (for garnish)
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet. Sauté the Onion and peppers for 4 or 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, grated ginger, salt, and dried Shrimp. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring as you go. Stir in the crabmeat and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, heating through. Spoon the mixture into the crab shells or ramekins. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and broil until the tops begin to brown. Do not burn. Garnish with chopped egg and parsley. Serve hot.