The fresh lump crabmeat for this splurge of an appetizer delivers big sweet and succulent chunks in each bite. For an extra-special presentation, arrange this salad in large martini glasses.
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup very thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 container or can (8 ounces) fresh refrigerated lump crab meat, picked over
- sprigs of frisée (curly lettuce), optional
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except crab and frisée.
- Gently fold in crab to coat, trying to keep chunks intact.
- Divide crab mixture into two oversized martini glasses or small clear dessert bowls, mounding mixture with a spoon.
- Insert a few small springs of frisée in each glass.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 1 hour.