Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Crêpes with poultry and apple
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1½ cups finely cut up chicken or turkey
- ⅔ cup chopped apple
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- seasoning such as Old Bay to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted margarine or butter
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Beat with electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Lightly butter a 7 or 8 inch skillet; heat over medium heat until bubbly, being careful not to burn the butter.
- For each crêpe, pour a scant quarter cup of batter into the skillet.
- Immediately rotate the skillet until a thin film of batter covers the bottom.
- Cook until light brown.
- Run a wide spatula around the edge to loosen, then turn the crêpe and cook until the other side is light brown.
- Stack crêpes on wax paper to prevent sticking.
- Keep covered to prevent them from drying out.
- Heat margarine over low heat until melted.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute.
- Mix chicken, apple, celery, onion and ¾ cup of the thickend broth.
- Place scant ¼ cup chicken mixture on center of each crêpe; roll up.
- Place crêpes seam sides down in ungreased oblong baking dish, 13 x 9.
- Pour remaining broth over crêpes.
- Cook uncovered in 350°F oven until crêpes are hot, about 20 minutes.