Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. It was obtained it as part of the purchase of the Family Collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups water
- 14½ ounce can tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 16 ounce package frozen okra
- 2½ pounds peeled, deveined shrimp, crabmeat, crayfish (or combination)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine flour and butter in a heavy saucepot or Dutch oven and cook on low heat stirring constantly until mixture is light brown.
- Add garlic, onion and peppers then cook until tender.
- Stir in water, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings
- Then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- Add okra and seafood and return to boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve with rice.