- 1 medium cow foot
- 2 Irish potatoes (diced)
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 8 - 10 spice seeds
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- ¼ lb macaroni (broken into small pieces)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 plugs garlic (crushed)
- 1 can vegetable soup (optional)
- ½ tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- ½ tsp (2 ml) thyme
- ½ - 1 lb tripe (optional)
- Clean cow foot well. Boil for about 15 minutes and throw off the water (to make less sticky).
- Add fresh water and spice seeds. Boil with tripe until tender. (Use a pressure cooker if available).
- Add potatoes, carrots, macaroni, onion and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add soup. Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes more. Serve hot.