Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- the couscous
- 1 1/2 cup dry couscous, *
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 large bell pepper, green, red, or
- -yellow or all!!
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1"
- 1/3 cup red onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup currants or Raisins
- 2 tbsp almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp lemmon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, mixed
- couscous is available in large supermarkets or specialty stores place the couscous in a large bowl; stir in the boiling water. Cover and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once or twice with a fork to fluff. Steam the carrots, pepper, and green beans until just tender. The time varies with the vegetable. pepper takes about 1 to 2 minutes; green beans take about 2 minutes; carrots take about 4 minuutes. Add to the couscous. Gently stir in the red onion, currants, and almonds. Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade together. Add to the coucous mixture and allow this final mixture to chill for 2 hours to in a covered bowl in the refrigerator, or until cool throughout. Don"t allow the couscous to sit any longer than this or it will become mushy. One serving(1/12 mixture, about ½ cup) (½ cup does this mean that we must have 10 other people over for lunch, you all come!) food exchange per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange (there is vegetables listed in the above ingredients, yet there in not vegetable exchange that is listed) calories: 155; car: 23gm; pro: 4g; fat: 5g; cho: 0 mg; sod: 8 mg;