Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound Chicken legs and thighs
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste with roasted garlic
- 4 tablespoons smooth Peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup (about 4 oz.) salted, dry-roasted peanuts, crushed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic, crushed bouillon cube, ground ginger, and pepper. Coat the Chicken with this mixture. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the tomato, Onion, and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Blend until fairly smooth. Set aside.
- In a heavy, medium casserole over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cook the Chicken, turning with tongs until browned on all sides. Add the tomato-onion-broth mixture. Cook, covered, until the sauce comes to a low boil, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and Peanut butter. Reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking, covered, until the Chicken is tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Dilute the sauce with a little water or broth if it becomes too thick. Season with half of the salt.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Pour the couscous into a 9-13 inch baking dish. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the remaining 1 1/3 cups chicken broth, the salt, and the remaining oil to a boil. Pour over the couscous. Stir once. Cover tightly with foil and bake until the couscous is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. #Remove it from the oven, and fluff it with a fork. Stir in the peanuts. Mound the couscous in the center of a warm shallow serving platter. Surround with the Chicken and top with the Peanut sauce. Garnish with the chopped green onions and serve.