This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in medium-size heavy skillet then add cream and milk.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Slip potato slices into hot cream one at a time until evenly distributed.
- Season with half the salt and pepper then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn potatoes carefully and season with remaining salt and pepper then simmer 30 minutes longer.