Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in medium-size heavy skillet then add cream and milk.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Slip potato slices into hot cream one at a time until evenly distributed.
- Season with half the salt and pepper then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn potatoes carefully and season with remaining salt and pepper then simmer 30 minutes longer.