Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 broiler-fryer (2½ to 3 pounds), cut in serving pieces
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion rings
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brown chicken pieces in oil on all sides. Drain off all fat.
- Add onion, carrots, broth, pepper sauce and basil. Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes or until tender.
- Mix a little water into cornstarch; stir into chicken mixture. Cook until thickened.
- Serve over fluffy rice