Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups potatoes cooked peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 cup cooked ground sausage
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Over medium heat brown onions and potatoes in bacon drippings using a medium skillet.
- Turn occasionally to brown on all sides then reduce heat slightly and sprinkle sausage on top.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg together then pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes until eggs are set and puffy around edges.
- Remove lid then tilt pan and slip spatula around side of pan to let eggs flow to the bottom.
- Serve from pan or gently slide onto serving plate and garnish with sprigs of parsley.