Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from Taste of Home Grandma's Favorites and was submitted by Donna Hellendrung. I like the recipe but I think I would use unsweetened applesauce and a little less than what is called for and also cut the brown sugar in half.. They were just a little to sweet for me. I like the bite of sauerkraut.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds country-style ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can sauerkraut, (14 ounces) undrained
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook ribs and onion in oil until ribs are browned and onion is tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1½ to 2 hours or until ribs are tender.