Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Herrin Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ ounce butter
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces fine asparagus tips
- 5 eggs beaten
- ¼ pint single cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 8 ounces cooked pasta knots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a pan and fry onion, garlic and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook until tender stirring frequently.
- Beat together eggs, cream and herbs then stir in cheese, pasta and seasoning.
- Pour mixture into pan and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally until bottom is set.
- Place pan under a moderate grill for 2 minutes for top to set and brown.