This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Herrin Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ ounce butter
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces fine asparagus tips
- 5 eggs beaten
- ¼ pint single cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 8 ounces cooked pasta knots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a pan and fry onion, garlic and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook until tender stirring frequently.
- Beat together eggs, cream and herbs then stir in cheese, pasta and seasoning.
- Pour mixture into pan and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally until bottom is set.
- Place pan under a moderate grill for 2 minutes for top to set and brown.