Purchased from the Ketchum Estate in Texarkana, Texas in 1991. Dated 1932. This is another great recipe when the corn is plentiful. I love it and serve it all summer long.
- 4 slices thick sliced Bacon
- 1/2 small white Onion, chopped
- 8 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Fry Bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
- Dice the Bacon and set aside.
- Add the Onion to the grease and cook until soft.
- Husk the corn and cut kernels from ears and scrape the cobs of the moisture into the pan.
- Add the corn to the onions in the skillet and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add Bacon and season with salt and pepper.