Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: old newspaper clipping
- 6 – 8 servings
- 4 cup sour cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 – 4 strips lemon peel
- 1 pint raspberries
- In saucepan, heat sour cream until hot but not boiling.
- In bowl, combine egg yolks and 1 cup hot sour cream.
- Beat in cream cheese and sugar.
- Stir in remaining 3 cup hot sour cream and lemon peel.
- Turn into saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand in hot water 15 minutes.
- Discard lemon peel.
- Line strainer with fine cheesecloth and place over deep bowl.
- Pour in cheese mixture and drain for 2 hours.
- Cover cheese with ends of cloth and drain in refrigerator 24 hours more.
- Unwrap cheese and turn out onto plate.
- Serve garnished with berries.
- Can be prepared 2 days before serving.