- Combine flour, salt and pepper in paper or plastic bag.
- Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat with mixture.
- Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add half the chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
- Remove from skillet; repeat.
- Reduce heat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until soft but not brown.
- Stir in garlic, curry powder and thyme; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, cover, and cook 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Blend reserved flour mixture with a little water.
- Stir into skillet.
- Add green pepper and raisins.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve on beds of fluffy rice and sprinkle with almonds.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.