This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups potatoes cooked peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 6 slices cooked diced bacon
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Over medium heat brown onions and potatoes in bacon drippings using a medium skillet.
- Turn occasionally to brown on all sides then reduce heat slightly and sprinkle bacon on top.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg together then pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes until eggs are set and puffy around edges.
- Remove lid then tilt pan and slip spatula around side of pan to let eggs flow to the bottom.
- Serve from pan or gently slide onto serving plate and garnish with sprigs of parsley.