Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 12 – 14 Servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups apples; peeled, shredded
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 pkg dried pitted prunes; 12 oz pkg, chopped, to make 2 cups
- 1 cup nuts; chopped
- Mix sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl; beat for 2 minutes.
- Blend in apples.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Stir in prunes and nuts.
- Spoon into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool.
- Just before serving, dust cake with confectioners' sugar.