Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 12 – 14 Servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups apples; peeled, shredded
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 pkg dried pitted prunes; 12 oz pkg, chopped, to make 2 cups
- 1 cup nuts; chopped
- Mix sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl; beat for 2 minutes.
- Blend in apples.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Stir in prunes and nuts.
- Spoon into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool.
- Just before serving, dust cake with confectioners' sugar.