Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking
- Typed By: Susan
- Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- ½ lb. bacon, diced
- 1 x 14-oz pkg. frozen green beans
- 2 small onions, chopped, red, white, or yellow only
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar, white only
- ½ tsp. red pepper
- 1 lb new potatoes, peeled
- Partially cover bacon with water in large saucepan; then boil for 20 minutes.
- Add beans, onions, salt, sugar and red pepper.
- Cover; cook for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve in a large vegetable dish as well as with other side dishes or appetizers.