Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 cubed steaks
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- Combine flour and pepper in shallow dish; pour buttermilk into second dish; spread crushed crackers on plate.
- Dredge steaks, one at a time, in seasoned flour; dip into buttermilk, then into crushed crackers to coat thoroughly, pressing with fingertips to adhere.
- Melt shortening in skillet; add steaks; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove meat to platter.
- Stir mushroom soup and milk into drippings in skillet; bring to boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- Serve steaks accompanied by gravy.