Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Strudel cu brinza de vaca
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- Mix the cheese with the eggs, salt and sugar.
- Knead with your hands.
- Arrange the cheese mixture at one end of the greased strudel dough.
- Cover with the edge of the dough and roll like a jelly roll.
- Moisten the strudel dough with melted butter or lard.
- You get a long roll which you can cut in 2 or 3, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Arrange in the greased pan, roll next to roll, with a little distance among them.
- Grease the tops with melted butter or lard. Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into serving size portions while still in the pan.
- When it is done, cut and sprinkle with vanilla flavored sugar.