In Romanian: Coltunasi cu brinza de vaca
- 12 oz / 350 g flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb / 250 g cottage cheese mixed with 1 egg and a little salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sift the flour, make a nest in the middle and place the egg and salt there.
- Mix the egg with a little flour, adding some water too.
- Make stiff dough.
- Make a ball of the dough, cover with a cloth and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll a thin sheet and cut 3 inch squares.
- Place some cheese onto each square and fold to make a triangle, sticking the edges well.
- As you make the dumplings, place them on a floured surface, covering with a cloth.
- When all of them are done, place in boiling salted water.
- Let boil until they rise to the surface.
- Drain, wash with tepid water, then place on a plate and scald with melted butter.
- You may serve with sour cream too.