Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Coltunasi cu brinza de vaca
- 12 oz / 350 g flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb / 250 g cottage cheese mixed with 1 egg and a little salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sift the flour, make a nest in the middle and place the egg and salt there.
- Mix the egg with a little flour, adding some water too.
- Make stiff dough.
- Make a ball of the dough, cover with a cloth and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll a thin sheet and cut 3 inch squares.
- Place some cheese onto each square and fold to make a triangle, sticking the edges well.
- As you make the dumplings, place them on a floured surface, covering with a cloth.
- When all of them are done, place in boiling salted water.
- Let boil until they rise to the surface.
- Drain, wash with tepid water, then place on a plate and scald with melted butter.
- You may serve with sour cream too.