Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork Chops Neapolitan.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 6
- 6 loin pork chops, ¾ inch thick (about 2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp olive or salad oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (1 lb 12 oz) Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp basil leaves
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 can (4 oz) button mushrooms, drained
- Wipe chops with damp paper towels.
- In hot oil in large skillet, brown chops well on both sides.
- Remove form skillet.
- Drain all but 1 tbsp of drippings from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Mash tomatoes with fork.
- Place pork chops in skillet.
- Arrange green pepper wedges, spoke fashion between chops.
- Simmer, covered, 1¼ hours or until chops are tender.
- Add mushrooms and simmer 5 minutes more.