Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy pork ribs, Chilean-style. This recipe is for 2 serves.
- 1 ground fresh chile paste, sambal oelek
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 pounds pork ribs
- Combine the salsa de aji, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Place the ribs in a nonreactive dish; rub the chile mixture over all surfaces, cover the dish, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 2 days.
- Return to room temperature before cooking.
- Bake the ribs, if desired.
- Prepare the coals for grilling; keep some new charcoal going to ensure a steady supply for 1 or 2 hours.
- When the fire is ready, place the grill rack about 4 inches away from the hot coals.
- It's important that the ribs cook slowly and that the fat renders.
- Avoid flare-ups, because the chile mixture will become bitter.
- Turn the ribs frequently, and grill for about 1 hour if they were pre-baked or 2 hours if they were not, until the pork is cooked through and fork-tender when pierced between the ribs.
- It's important to keep the charcoal at an even, moderate heat the whole time.
- When the ribs are done, transfer to a cutting board and slice into individual ribs.
- Serve hot.