- Chicken; poached - 1 x 2.3 kg (5 lb),
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp,
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped,
- curry paste - 1 tbsp,
- tomato purée - 1 tbsp,
- red wine - 100 ml (4 fl oz),
- bay leaf - 1,
- lemon - juice only,
- Canned apricot halves - 4 drained, finely chopped,
- Mayonnaise - 300 ml,
- whipping cream - 100 ml (4 fl oz),
- salt and pepper,
- Watercress - to garnish.
1. Remove the flesh from the Chicken and cut into small pieces. In a small saucepan, heat the oil, add the Onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until softened. Add the curry paste, tomato purée, wine, bay leaf and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until well reduced. Strain and leave to cool.
2. Purée the chopped apricot halves in a blender or food processor or through a sieve. Beat the cooled sauce into the Mayonnaise with the apricot purée. Whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold into the mixture. Season, adding a little extra lemon juice if necessary. Fold in the Chicken pieces.
3. Garnish with watercress to serve.