Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup chopped Onion, divided
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked Chicken breast chunks
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- Combine 3/4 cup Onion, chiles, cumin, oregano, tomato sauce and broth in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken
- Stir together rice and sour cream.
- Spoon rice into shallow 2-1/2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheese; pour chicken and sauce over all.
- Top with remaining 1 cup Cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Onion
- Sprinkle with corn chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes.