Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Notation on card indicates this was served at church potlucks. Dated 1938.
- 6 slices Bacon, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Fry Bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Add water, green pepper, corn and cabbage.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and mix. Serve hot.