Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Cornish game hens (about 20 ounces each)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 dashes ground black pepper
- Cook onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in rice, raisins, walnuts, honey, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and pepper.
- Sprinkle body cavities of hens with salt. Stuff lightly with rice mixture. Twist wing tips under back; tie legs together. Place breast side up on rack of roasting pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, brush on birds.
- Roast at 375°F for 1¼ to 1½ hours or until tender. Brush with butter twice as they bake.