Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 x 16- to 20-ounce Cornish game hens, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups orange juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Place hens in pan.
- Combine parsley, onion, garlic and orange juice. Pour over hens; let marinate 1 hour.
- Remove hens from marinade; pat dry; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush with butter making sure they are well coated.
- Arrange in baking pan; bake uncovered at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Pour marinade over hens, sprinkle with raisins and almonds, cover and continue baking 30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; blend cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water.
- Stir into pan juices and cook until clear and thickened.
- Arrange hens on serving plate; surround with rice; spoon sauce over rice and hens.
- Garnish with orange slices and stuffed, if desired.