Corned beef cakes. Serve hot!.
- 1 pound potatoes or yams
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 7 ounce can corned beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs for coating
- fat for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Peel potatoes or yams; wash and boil in salted water until tender, drain and mash.
- Add pepper or cayenne, chopped onions, parsley and corned beef.
- Add milk to eggs.
- Add two tablespoons egg mixture and mix well.
- Form into flat cakes, brush with eggs, coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Drain on tissue paper
- Serve hot.