Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Corned beef cakes. Serve hot!.
- 1 pound potatoes or yams
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 7 ounce can corned beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs for coating
- fat for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Peel potatoes or yams; wash and boil in salted water until tender, drain and mash.
- Add pepper or cayenne, chopped onions, parsley and corned beef.
- Add milk to eggs.
- Add two tablespoons egg mixture and mix well.
- Form into flat cakes, brush with eggs, coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Drain on tissue paper
- Serve hot.