Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 9
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canned applesauce
- 2 tablespoons egg mix + ¼ cup water (or 1 egg)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine baking mix, cornmeal, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add water, oil, and egg; stir until just blended. Do not over stir.
- Pour into pan. Bake 20 minutes at 400 °F.