Description EditThis basic vegetable dish is a red-hot treat served with other side dishes, main dishes, or appetizers. Keep the corn boiling to get a red-hot touch while cooking.
- 6 ears corn
- 3-8 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon sugar, white only, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt, rock or iodized only
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or dry sherry, optional
- In a large pot, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, shuck the corn.
- Cook corn in boiling water for 5 minutes if picked that day or for 10 minutes if picked earlier; drain.
- Melt butter. Add sugar (optional), salt and rice wine or dry sherry (optional).
- Place the hot corn with the tongs into a large plate and serve.