Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the White Estate in Frisco, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1½ cups fresh corn kernels removed from the cob
- 1 teaspoon seeded finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat then cook shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, corn and jalapeno pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cumin and sugar and cook 1 more minute.
- Add vinegar and cook until the liquid reduces slightly then add salt and pepper.