Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an excellent supper dish, which children will enjoy. Serve the fritters with a hot green vegetable or salad and brown bread and butter.
- Recipe by Karen Mintzias
- 8 ounces sweetcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons double (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (or soda)
- sea salt
- white pepper
- 1 tablespoon marigold petals 
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, or more
- Put the sweetcorn in a bowl and pour over the cream.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder soda and season to taste.
- Stir in the marigold petals.
- Set a large, heavy frying pan over high heat and pour in the oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the oil and fry until golden on both sides, turning once.
- Press the mixture flat with a spatula to give a lacy effect at the edges.
- Cook the fritters in bunches until all the mixture is used up, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Serve hot.
- ↑ Make certain that you use a pot marigold calendula rather than an African marigold tagetes.