Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 6 small chiles poblanos, peeled and seeded, cut into strips
- Arroz Blanco
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Melt butter in 1-1/2- to 2-quart saucepan.
- Add Onion and garlic; cook until soft but not brown.
- Add corn and salt. Cook over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and 1 cup Cheese. Cool.
S3pread half of rice in shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Arrange chiles over rice.
- Spread corn mixture over chiles.
- Top with remaining rice.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Arroz Blanco
- Melt butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Add rice and cook over moderate heat until golden, stirring often.
- Add Onion and garlic; cook until Onion is soft but not brown.
- Add broth and cumin.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- salt to taste.