Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Caring & Cooking for the Hyper-Active Child
- Author: Mary Jane Finsand
- Typed By: Susan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yield: 3 cups (750 ml)
- 1 pork chop (bite-size pieces)
- 1 tbsp pure vegetable oil (15 ml)
- ½ cup celery (chopped) (125 ml)
- ½ cup onion (60 ml)
- 2 cups milk (cold) (500 ml)
- 2 cups corn (500 ml)
- 1 cup potatoes (cooked and diced) (250 ml)
- ½ tsp paprika (1 ml)
- ½ tsp thyme (2 ml)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (30 ml)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded) (250 ml)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté pork in vegetable oil until brown.
- Add celery and onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Pour into soup kettle.
- Add 1 cup (250 ml) of the milk, the corn, potatoes, paprika, and thyme.
- Heat until warm. Do not boil.
- Combine remaining 1 cup (250 ml) milk with flour in screw top jar.
- Shake until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add to corn mixture.
- Add cheese.
- Cook over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is desired thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.