A great type of Canadian salad which requires some attention but is worth the end result ! Requires basic cooking skills.
- 4 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 2 x 16 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound tomato, (3 medium) seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup sherry vinegar,(or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a 4 to 5 quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat. Add corn and cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Drain, rinse with cold water, until cool, and drain again.
- In a salad bowl, stir together corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and onion.
Whisk together the ingredients of the cumin dressing. Pour over vegetables and toss well.
- If made ahead, cover and refrigerate until next day