- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Stack tortillas, wrap in foil and bake until soft and pliable, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add corn, chili and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add black beans and mash coarsely with potato masher.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Place tortillas on work surface.
- Spread ½ of each with about ¼ cup bean mixture, almost to edge.
- Fold each tortilla in half, pressing lightly to seal.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, using a fork, mash together avocado, lime juice and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Set aside.
- Coat large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron, with cooking spray, then heat over medium heat.
- Add 4 quesadillas and cook until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with more cooking spray and remaining quesadillas.
- Top each quesadilla with dollop of avocado mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and salsa if desired.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.