- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 6 Tbs. soy “Bacon” bits
- 6 Tbs. cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1. Combine corn kernels, red pepper, soy “Bacon” bits, 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, soy mayonnaise, beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, Onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and stir together until well mixed.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, scoop a scant 1/4 cup corn mixture into skillet, and repeat to make 3 or 4 cakes. Avoid overcrowding skillet. Cook cakes on one side, and when they are browned, in about 3 minutes, turn over to cook second side. Remove from skillet, and repeat with remaining batter.
3. To serve, place 2 cakes on each serving plate, and garnish with a sprinkling of remaining cilantro leaves.