Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes: 8 Servings
- 15 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 tbs corn oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortilla strips on 3 baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 min. or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place oil in a skillet and heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and jalapeños, cook until softened.
- Drain liquid from 2 cans of tomatoes and discard, add tomatoes to pan.
- Add third can tomatoes with liquid, cook until softened.
- Stir in broth, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 20 min. or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in eggs, pepper and salt.
- Coat a baking dish with a little sauce.
- Put half the tortilla strips on top of the sauce and spoon half of the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat layering.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
- Serving Idea's
- Cut into squares for serving.
- Add Sour cream?
- Add Cilantro