Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn or 6 fresh ears of corn
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or light cream
- Some black and red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cheese
- If using fresh corn, cook it in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain, keeping water. If you use canned corn, drain and keep liquid.
- Melt the margarine in a large saucepan and cook the Onion until it is soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour, mixing well.
- Cook a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and slowly pour in the milk, stirring to give a smooth consistency.
- Add the corn kernels, along with salt and pepper to taste, and about 1/2 cup reserved liquid.
- Bring the soup to a gentle boil, stirring as the mixture thickens.
- Simmer for a few minutes. Serve hot.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
- Sopa de Elote - Mexican variant