This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Byrd Estate in Cedar Hill, Texas in 1993.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whip oil and vinegar together in a large bowl then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, onion and fresh basil.
- Cover and chill overnight to allow flavors to blend.