Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen corn Kernels Or Fresh, Canned Or Thawed
- 3 lrg egg whites
- 1/3 cup tofu Soft Or Firm lite
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour Unbleached
- 1 tbl chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Set aside 1/2 cup corn kernels. In a food processor or blender, blend remaining 1 cup corn with 1 egg white, tofu, flour, parsley, baking power, salt and pepper until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the container. (This mixture was too thick for my blender, so I added a couple of tablespoons of rice milk until it began to move.)
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in reserved whole corn.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining 2 egg whites to soft, moist peaks that droop slightly when the beater is lifted (just a couple of minutes). Scoop the egg whites onto the corn batter and fold them in gently with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to low. Spray a nonstick skillet lightly with a nonstick spray and place over moderate heat. When the skillet is hot enough to make the batter sizzle, make pancakes, using 1/4 cup batter per cake.
- Cook until browned on the bottom, 2–3 minutes, then turn and cook until cakes are golden brown on the other side, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm in oven. Continue until all batter is used.
- Serving size: 3 three-inch pancakes