- 6 – 8 fresh ears of corn
- 1 large onion, red if possible
- 1 large bell pepper (½ red, ½ green)
- 1 large fresh, ripe tomato
- ½ teaspoon each salt, red pepper and fresh garlic,minced
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ stick butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Clean, cut kernels of corn of cob and scrape all corn milk from the cob.
- Chop onion, peppers, tomato and garlic and add to corn in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and creole seasoning with red ground pepper.
- Heat oil in medium sized saucepan.
- Add all at one time into hot oil: corn with seasoning, onion, bell pepper; garlic salt, creole seasoning, sugar and butter: cook until oil comes to top of mixture of corn and thickens.