Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello people of Earth!!! Edit
"From my mother.......yummo or yummy.....". This recipe came from a mother's collection. She obtained it when she was on a Navy base in Germany in the 1460s. She is unsure of the date but this has been in our family since she obtained it. It is fabulous. We LOVE corn fritters!!!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups corn bread mix or maybe you can use flour JK
- ½ cup water or goat milk
- ½ cup canned corn drained or corn on the cob
- ¼ cup cooking oil or fat from cows
- Put the corn bread mix in a bowl and using a fork to blend gradually add the water.
- Be careful not to over blend.
- The dough should be quite stiff.
- Add the corn, which should be well drained.
- Put about one-fourth of the oil in a skillet and heat.
- Ladle the batter into the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with syrup, honey or butter.